Gorillaz-Unofficial Forums

LATEST GORILLAZ-RELATED NEWS: Jamie comments on future of Gorillaz at Monkey NYC event
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:43 pm 

VMP reports that their allocation for their 1 month subscriptions sold out in 5 hours after the announcement. https://twitter.com/VinylMePlease/statu ... 8281760768

Only 3 month and 1 year subscriptions remain.

[12:00:33 AM] uncel dolan: a grizzly bear inviting a whole animal collective to the beach house for the cruel summer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 pm 

Hopefully the fact that they've gone through the trouble of remastering means a wider reissue isn't too far away... I'm gonna miss this one, unfortunately. :(

....although, to be honest, I really want it on black.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:55 pm 

23rdturnabout wrote:
Hopefully the fact that they've gone through the trouble of remastering means a wider reissue isn't too far away... I'm gonna miss this one, unfortunately. :(

....although, to be honest, I really want it on black.

They were told that Gorillaz as a whole were focusing on the future (album) so a more widespread release is uncertain for the moment. Although it might be Warner waiting to see how this release sells before they do that.

[12:00:33 AM] uncel dolan: a grizzly bear inviting a whole animal collective to the beach house for the cruel summer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 pm 

thankfully i got the 1 month membership in time. I still wonder if I will even get the record though. just under my profile it says "record of the month demon days". no confirmation email or anything like that about getting a record. awesome they reissued it but I would love it to be more simple and less confusing. like , add item to basket , confirm, done. type of deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 pm 

yoot wrote:
thankfully i got the 1 month membership in time. I still wonder if I will even get the record though. just under my profile it says "record of the month demon days". no confirmation email or anything like that about getting a record. awesome they reissued it but I would love it to be more simple and less confusing. like , add item to basket , confirm, done. type of deal.

They are going to charge you April 2. The record should start shipping mid-April.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:46 am 

Under 100 copies before they close up subscriptions so do this now.
https://twitter.com/VinylMePlease/statu ... 0732989440

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 am 

When I fist looked at the sitev they had a 1 month plan for like 42 bucks or so I thought but now it's not there.. Weird.. Can't do 3 months unfortunately.

Edit: nm, just saw your post saying so. That sucks damn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 am 

SOLD THE FUCK OUT. The power of the Gorillaz hype machine at work. To those who are falling into despair, fear not. You may still have a chance. Sign up here to be placed on a waiting list: http://www.vinylmeplease.com/sold-out/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:53 am 

Managed to get one, I knew I'd forever regret it if I missed this opportunity. I'd prefer just a black record, or green maybe, but just having a complete Gorillaz LP collection will be a dream come true.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:59 am 

no... all my records are black. red is a wicked colour :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:15 am 

So glad I saw that post on reddit this morning.

I wonder how many there were in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 am 

VMP usually has 10,000+ subscribers...with the huge influx of new subs it could be an upwards of 15,000.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 am 

I was considering snagging a secondhand copy of VMP's Demon Days repress, but I've heard wildly varying reports of the quality of the repress (both the audio and packaging). I wanted to list some of the things I've heard, and see if others can corroborate.

• The VMP repress contains no crossfades; songs that crossfaded in the original 2005 release (Intro/LLS, DH/FGI, DGLIH/DD) now end and begin separate from each other.
  • The VMP repress is inexplicably faster than the original 2005 release. Several people have told me that the repress is over 30 seconds shorter than it should be because of this. All songs have a very noticeable difference in pitch: I was linked to a supposed AIF rip of the VMP repress, and this is what DARE sounded like.
  • The records are shipped in very tight cellophane which damages the outer cover. This is a bit anecdotal, but I've seen enough people complain about worn edges to mention it.

I know that the first bullet is true, but can anyone else back up the second and third? If you have any personal experiences regarding the VMP repress, please share them!

EDIT: More issues below.

Last edited by FlotsamY on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:00 am 

haven't listened to it yet because, idk.. it's demon days, i've heard it a million times. just got it mostly for collection because my stupid needle on my record player broke and i havent been bothered to fix it. all i have is an old cheap record player that does the trick... sort of, it's either very quiet for very loud. ill take a listen later because you got me curious about the pitches and faster. which is a bummer

but packaging is nice, I took the record out and back in nicely like any other good record.

EDIT: tried listening on my old record player but gave up because of how shitty it sounded. there is definitely a cross fade difference. noticeable right away from intro to last living souls... it takes a bit longer than im used to. don't know about pitch but it sounded normal but that's judging from a dollar store record player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:59 am 

every record player i have ever owned has run a tiny bit fast on everything. i think the only way that can be avoided is by having a really expensive one.