Gorillaz-Unofficial Forums

LATEST GORILLAZ-RELATED NEWS: Jamie comments on future of Gorillaz at Monkey NYC event
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:52 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:21 am
Posts: 1563
orion70 wrote:
err, there's a difference between falsetto and a female voice.

I was joking and mocking the whole "Gruff wasn't needed/pointless collaboration." It's not actually pointless for Gruff to be on SFJ. Without him, we wouldn't have that awesome chorus. Why? Because it's obvious that he wrote the chorus. It's exactly his style. Damon may have helped out a bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:53 am
Posts: 10516
Location: The Black Lodge
darkglobe wrote:
orion70 wrote:
err, there's a difference between falsetto and a female voice.

I was joking and mocking the whole "Gruff wasn't needed/pointless collaboration." It's not actually pointless for Gruff to be on SFJ. Without him, we wouldn't have that awesome chorus. Why? Because it's obvious that he wrote the chorus. It's exactly his style. Damon may have helped out a bit.


uh

_________________
I miss the old Masked Mouse


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 pm 
Offline
Fangirl
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:00 am
Posts: 14398
Location: Germany
Apparently you have more news about this, Mouse? Because darkglobe is just speculating there and I don't see why he shouldn't be right. De La wrote their Jellyfish stuff themselves, too, with help from Damon.

_________________
http://maharajah.bandcamp.com/

Avatar courtesy of Aya

TheBritishSushi wrote:
Where's Afroman when I'm hittin' this bong


EvilMurdoc wrote:
maybe the Album will be simply called "Z" :mrgreen: .I hope not..since z is the last letter of the Alphabet..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 452
Location: Northern Ireland.
the choir sound like Damon in welcome to the world' when they say "just like that". (album version). they sound too much like him that i think the album version of the song is done by damon not the choir. ,dunno, couldnt really care, its a kick ass song.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm 
Offline
Fangirl
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:00 am
Posts: 14398
Location: Germany
Of course it's Damon, who ever said it was a choir?

_________________
http://maharajah.bandcamp.com/

Avatar courtesy of Aya

TheBritishSushi wrote:
Where's Afroman when I'm hittin' this bong


EvilMurdoc wrote:
maybe the Album will be simply called "Z" :mrgreen: .I hope not..since z is the last letter of the Alphabet..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 452
Location: Northern Ireland.
German Shake wrote:
Of course it's Damon, who ever said it was a choir?


Well, two little things really.
1. Its a choir who sing it live and.....
2. Murdoc states that 'Rhinestone eyes is when "2D makes his debut on the album" :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:27 am
Posts: 2796
Location: In the dark spaces where the spiders go
I believe he means it's the first song in which 2D is the only singer (you can tell he has vocals on Stylo, though it isn't referred to as his debut either).


Last edited by Saru on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 452
Location: Northern Ireland.
Saru wrote:
I believer he means it's the first song in which 2D is the only singer (you can tell his has vocals on Stylo, though it isn't referred to as his debut either).


thars because he was already on a song before stylo. i'd assume though debut means when they first appear.

like an actor wouldnt be making their acting debut on their second film, makes no sense y'see.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr