Gorillaz-Unofficial Forums

LATEST GORILLAZ-RELATED NEWS: Jamie comments on future of Gorillaz at Monkey NYC event
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 am 

I also really ove this song. Has a hard Happy Landfill vibe to me!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:24 pm 

Sleeping Powder is great, this and Charger is what I was expecting Humanz to sound like

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:53 am 

AKnow-It-AllNamedZ wrote:

Just confirmed by Damon himself in an interview for Polish web portal Onet.pl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:02 am 

^ Good stuff in that interview, even through Google Translate. (Like Damon sassily retorting that he's all over the album in the music itself.) Thanks for mentioning it!

Edit: Forgot to mention, 2D's doing a solo AMA, guys!

https://mobile.twitter.com/gorillaz/sta ... 2509123585

I already see gold on the horizon. (Although I'll miss the other three Gorillaz. :()

Also, apparently Murdoc gave him the nail polish in that picture, according to a reply just below that main tweet. Left field tidbit.

They're really driving in the bonds between the members this Phase. Especially 2D and Murdoc, it seems. Pete's words from The Times Podcast several years ago run through my head... "It's lovely to see the bond between you, actually."

Heeding Damon's words, I guess: love and unity. No time for infighting.

Important edit 2: AMA will be over at r/gorillaz, a mod confirms:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gorillaz/comme ... nt/diz94w5

Important edit 3: AMA happens at 4PM BST! Have fun!

https://twitter.com/gorillaz/status/875672845271138305

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:43 pm 

I made this image for them to use for the AMA but they didn't end up using it, figured I'd share it here

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 pm 

^ That's really cute!

If anyone missed it, you can read the finished AMA in Q&A mode here.

Bit disappointed he didn't talk about Sleeping Powder more, but what can you really expect when a Gorillaz character comes to town? They're always going to make jokes and recite crazy anecdotes. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 am 

So Strobelite has completely failed to reach the Radio 1 or 2 A, B or C playlists

It makes the 6music B list

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:33 pm 

ok, ciao...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:45 am 
Fangirl

JackS wrote:
So Strobelite has completely failed to reach the Radio 1 or 2 A, B or C playlists

It makes the 6music B list

What kind of world is this :cry:

TheBritishSushi wrote:
Where's Afroman when I'm hittin' this bong

EvilMurdoc wrote:
maybe the Album will be simply called "Z" :mrgreen: .I hope not..since z is the last letter of the Alphabet..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:16 pm 

A weired one... one of the catchiest song from humanz and even this is not played on Radio...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:12 am 
Fangirl

I'm hoping against hope that the TV series is gonna be so successful that the world at large is gonna re-discover Humanz and suddenly there's Gorillaz songs on the radio everywhere... Wouldn't that be nice? :(

EDIT: If the TV series uses the same ugly 3D character models, count me out

TheBritishSushi wrote:

EvilMurdoc wrote:
maybe the Album will be simply called "Z" :mrgreen: .I hope not..since z is the last letter of the Alphabet..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:09 pm 

German Shake wrote:
EDIT: If the TV series uses the same ugly 3D character models, count me out

I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote:
I'm still very much inspired by the work of Chuck Jones, and I love that animation. It's art. I'd like to keep the characters in that style for the rest of this campaign. So the characters on the show will be 2D, but everything else is up for grabs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 pm 
Fangirl

I'm really fucking relieved to hear that. <3

TheBritishSushi wrote:

EvilMurdoc wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:13 am 

what the hell happened with Jamie? I really think Cass Browne needs to come back... this phase is really lacking in cartoon department sadly. no website, 1 good video, anoying motion capture over real envirments...
uhhh.. thank god it's an amazing album. I love Humanz but the whole cartoon band thing really isn't really working for me this time. For me everything in Phase 3 was more interesting even if it was just Murdoc with his cyborg... and kidnapping guests...including 2d... Russel grew into a giant because of pollution... and The Island itselft... Pirate radio?
that was a lot more fuck to me and this time nothing seems to be going on.,.. it's just boring. Now it's just... what? Don't get me wrong, I love the Humanz album. this is just me going on about the cartoon side of things and jamies role
For the first time in Gorillaz history I feel like nothing would change if Jamie wasn't there.
strobelite is such a disappointment to me. the song is one of my favourite songs atm but the video (when it comes to Gorillaz standards?) is just boring. Sleeping Powder music video is way more fuck for some reason, i dont know what it is. and that video sucks!

people shit on the whole phase 3 lore but it was a lot cooler than what is happening now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:17 am 

yoot wrote:
what the hell happened with Jamie? I really think Cass Browne needs to come back... this phase is really lacking in cartoon department sadly. no website, 1 good video, anoying motion capture over real envirments...
uhhh.. thank god it's an amazing album. I love Humanz but the whole cartoon band thing really isn't really working for me this time. For me everything in Phase 3 was more interesting even if it was just Murdoc with his cyborg... and kidnapping guests...including 2d... Russel grew into a giant because of pollution... and The Island itselft... Pirate radio?
that was a lot more fuck to me and this time nothing seems to be going on.,.. it's just boring. Now it's just... what? Don't get me wrong, I love the Humanz album. this is just me going on about the cartoon side of things and jamies role
For the first time in Gorillaz history I feel like nothing would change if Jamie wasn't there.
strobelite is such a disappointment to me. the song is one of my favourite songs atm but the video (when it comes to Gorillaz standards?) is just boring. Sleeping Powder music video is way more fuck for some reason, i dont know what it is. and that video sucks!

people shit on the whole phase 3 lore but it was a lot cooler than what is happening now!

Because Jamie didn't direct strobelight, he's probably busy with the tv show. And I agree with what you said. This album just feels like a Damon Albarn album with some cool visuals, its not Gorillaz really, it feels like every other release. It may be due to how everything is being funded now. In the past the record company would pay for all of Jamie's side of things so they'd be ready as the album came out. This time round it's all sponsor's, so they have to wait for that money to come in, and then make the thing, we'll get all the Jamie stuff, but it'll be in a few months. Everything is so separate now, it's like two different projects.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91